Apple’s self-repair program, space debris, Constitution NFT, Xbox 20 years old
• Goodbye, Staples Center. Hello, Crypto.com Arena.
• Citadel CEO Kenneth Griffin Outbid a Group of Crypto Investors for Copy of U.S. Constitution.
• Someone Made a Pirate Bay for NFTs.
• 13 dumb arena names inspired by the Staples Center becoming ‘Crypto.com Arena’.
• El Salvador to Create ‘Bitcoin City,’ Use $500M of Planned $1B Bond Offering to Buy More Crypto.\
• Apple Will Tell You How to Fix iPhones, Sell Parts to the General Public.
• Apple’s Pointless Self-Repair Program.
• Over 100 Activision Blizzard employees stage walkout, demand CEO step down.
• Xbox Chief Says He’s Evaluating Relationship With Activision.
• Microsoft Pressures Activision Blizzard.
• Apple Accelerates Work on Car Project, Aiming for Fully Autonomous Vehicle.
• Google Cloud encourages more conversational AI with Bot-in-a-Box.
• Visualizations show the extensive cloud of debris Russia’s anti-satellite test created.
• Chris Hadfield says more regulations are needed to protect astronauts from space debris.
• Jurors Got to Hear Elizabeth Holmes’ Lies For Themselves.
• Tesla ranks almost dead-last on a Consumer Reports reliability list.
• We Are the Wirecutter Union. We’re Prepared to Walk Out.
• How Xbox outgrew the console: inside Phil Spencer’s multi-billion dollar gamble.
• Forza Horizon 5.
• Facebook’s race-blind policies around hate speech came at the expense of Black users, new documents show.
• Meta’s sci-fi haptic glove prototype lets you feel VR objects using air pockets.
• FlyFin offers an AI-based tax app aimed at freelancers, gig workers.
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Wesley Faulkner, Wil Harris, Chris J. Preimesberger
This Week in Tech episode 850
More Info: https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech/episodes/850
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
Products we recommend: https://www.amazon.com/shop/twitnetcastnetwork
TWiT may earn commissions on certain products.
Join our TWiT Community on Discourse: https://www.twit.community/
TWiT.tv is a technology podcasting network located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the #1 ranked technology podcast This Week in Tech hosted by Leo Laporte. Every week we produce over 30 hours of content on a variety of programs including Tech News Weekly, MacBreak Weekly, This Week in Google, Windows Weekly, Security Now, All About Android, and more.